• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (4 Viewers)

Has anybody got any specific mega rarities there hoping for in 2010?

im personally hoping for a rare duck species further up north maybe a harlequin duck.

im personally hoping for a rare duck species further up north maybe a harlequin duck.

i really dont care what the rare bird is as long as i dont miss it!!!!:-O:-O:-Oo:D

northern parula on the patch would do;)
gotta take all you can get in these inland counties, there WONT be another chance
MB

Been back in the UK for a few days, I have started a brit year list now and im on 73 after being to Stanpit, Blashford lakes and Keyhaven. I got one lifer in the form of a pair of Scaup and noted the first returning Little ringed plover to my local patch ( plus Med gull, Snipe, Common gull, Brambling and Raven )o:D:t:

Been back in the UK for a few days, I have started a brit year list now and im on 73 after being to Stanpit, Blashford lakes and Keyhaven. I got one lifer in the form of a pair of Scaup and noted the first returning Little ringed plover to my local patch ( plus Med gull, Snipe, Common gull, Brambling and Raven )o:D:t:

Scaup a few years ago was one of my bogey birds... always a tricky duck to see each year for me. but a very nice duck none the less.

I wouldn't mind any yank warblers (preferable self found!:t:).
Rare ducks would be good by we'd just end up arguing like we are over in the year list thread LOL;)

Well done TJ, that's a fairly decent variety of birds you have seen there. A nice welcome back to Britain.

By the way, I've just completed another blog entry. For once, it is a lot shorter than my other ones as for once its me accounting my most recent birding outing. It includes my encounter with a Brent Goose at Strathbeg, and my search for Barn Owl, White-fronted Goose and Bittern in the same place. If you would like to read more that would be great, and as ever feedback is appreciated. ;)

Glad we have got everything sorted on the challenge lol. Just been for a walk and had great views of Long tailed tits flitting through the bushes and trees. For like 5 minuites I was stood listening to two Dunnocks singing towards each other on opposite sides of the path. Maybe a territory edge? I also heard my first Chiff Chaff! A low point was there was a crash nearby and i could see the cars, about 4 ambulances, and many police cars. I hope everyone was OK and that the ambulances were just precautionary.

Anyone going out this weekend? I will hopefully be headed to Bishop Middleham to look for the Garganey, Ruff and Whooper Swan which have been seen there. Then I might be headed up the coast to look for the Shore Lark and Rough Legged Buzzard which have been reported. On Sunday I am going to RSPB Saltholme. Avocets have been seen in the area so i will look for them. Also, with the amount of Wheatears and Sand Marints seen recently I think I have a chance to see them ( They breed there). I hope to anyway!

Yeah I'm getting out this weekend. Don't have any targets really, will just be patrolling the local patches. Target mania will take place when I'm in Portland however. Keeping an eye on reports in Hampshire, Dorset and Somerset, as I will be in all three of those counties during the holidays.

Going out on Saturday for a while. Might get a few year ticks to add to my list,not done any birding for a while now. Starting to go mad! lol

I'll be ticking Hooded Merg next ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back