• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Stonechat ? (UK) (1 Viewer)

Roy C

Occasional bird snapper
I think this is a young stonechat (male?) but the slight hook at the end of the beak is not usual.
EDIT now confirmed as a Adult Female, thanks to all

Attachments

• AI 700 stoney1.jpg
    AI 700 stoney1.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thank you'Bewick' would you say it is a juvenile male?
Do you mind giving a date when it was taken? If it was taken recently then I'd agree with Butty for female rather then juvenile male- as juv's are usually spotted.

Stonechat. Not very spotty and the plumage looks worn so I guess adult female. Bill normal - check some photos.
Thanks 'Butty' - I have taken loads of shots of Stonechats at this location this year inc male, female and juvy's but this one did not look the same, I guess it just worn out after raising a brood which makes it look different to what it was a month or so ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back