• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your opinion on iPhone adapters for scopes (2 Viewers)

NatureLvrCanada

While trying to line up my iPhone to the eye-piece of my Celestron M2 80, I realized I need an adapter to make it easier to do. I have done it by hand in the past. Do you have any reccomendations? Can it be simple and low cost or more expensive (you get what you pay for motto)?

I am looking at the two by Celestron. First one is 3-axis adjustment. Overkill?

The basic model.

I have watched U-Tube videos on both. First off, both are large (I thought these adapters were smaller). The basic model looks to do the job and the 3-axis is fancier.

While trying to line up my iPhone to the eye-piece of my Celestron M2 80, I realized I need an adapter to make it easier to do. I have done it by hand in the past. Do you have any reccomendations? Can it be simple and low cost or more expensive (you get what you pay for motto)?

I am looking at the two by Celestron. First one is 3-axis adjustment. Overkill?

The basic model.

I have watched U-Tube videos on both. First off, both are large (I thought these adapters were smaller). The basic model looks to do the job and the 3-axis is fancier.
I’ve always used Phoneskope, never had any trouble. Not especially cheap but…

I’ve always used Phoneskope, never had any trouble. Not especially cheap but…
Phone Skope looks to be the simplest and a minimalist design. It looks like a brilliant design because it is very compact and has so few moving parts to do the job. I was Googling and see that with some models of phones, you may need an adapter. Maybe this is the drawback? But the design of the Phone Skope looks like it can accommodate all types of phones.

Phone Skope looks to be the simplest and a minimalist design. It looks like a brilliant design because it is very compact and has so few moving parts to do the job. I was Googling and see that with some models of phones, you may need an adapter. Maybe this is the drawback? But the design of the Phone Skope looks like it can accommodate all types of phones.
They build them to fit ‘your’ phone to ‘your’ scope. The drawback is when you change either in the future.

I have a Phoneskope holder for my iPhone 13 and adapters to fit my Swarovski ATS80 and Opticron MM4 60mm.
I have practiced with both and hoping to use them in the near future

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back