• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zambezi National Park, Zimbabwe - Stocky Raptor (1 Viewer)

masonflint

Zambezi National Park, Zimbabwe - Banded Snake Eagle?

Hello,

I photographed this bird in Zimbabwe in July. According to my notes, my guide identified this as a Banded Snake-eagle. Based on my books and photos I've seen online the ID appears to be good but given the incredible number of raptors in Africa I thought I'd get additional opinions.

The light colored base to the bill would seem to differentiate this from the Brown Snake-eagle but it is hard to see from my photo whether the black terminal band on the tail is consistent with what one would expect from this species.

Would appreciate any feedback/insights.

Thanks,

Mason
Seattle, Washington

Attachments

• MFlint_20160714_4059.jpg
    MFlint_20160714_4059.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back