• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss conquest 8x30 BT* (1 Viewer)

petec62

United Kingdom
Hi, does anyone own a pair of Zeiss conquest 8x30 BT*. Are they any good, what are your opinions. And what price could I expect to pay in 2024, thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240511_163052_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240511_163052_eBay.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 13
Hi there, I am relatively new to the forum, but this seemed like a good place to jump in. I have a pair of the 8x30 Conquest BT and generally use them for observing my feeder or on occasion as a loaner pair for friends etc. Unfortunately I cannot compare them to the current Conquest HDs, however I have enjoyed them and would rate them very highly. The focus is not as crisp and responsive as current Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss models, however once focused, the image is very clear and shows minimal CA. The low light performance is pleasantly surprising and the edge to edge sharpness is better than about any of the current “mid-grade” glass I have tried. The FOV is a shortcoming, certainly something I notice right away. That said if you can scoop up a pair for $300-$400 I think you’ve found a good value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back