• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen ED2 7X36 available on ZEN Ray for pre order (1 Viewer)

Mine has not arrived. |:(|

However, I did receive this message:
While inspecting the 7x36 ED2 binoculars prior to shipment, we noticed the objective lens covers are too loose to fit properly on the lens barrels. Without impacting the delivery schedule to our customers, we decided to ship the product as planned. However. we will retool the covers and prepare replacement covers for existing customers. We will send a new pair of replacement covers to you at no cost as soon as they become available by the end of this month.

At Zen-Ray, quality is our core business value and there is no excuse for an issue like this. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience this might have caused
Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Last edited:
Yeah, mine haven't arrived yet still :(. USPS says it received the shipping info on 8/13, which makes sense, but didn't go thru the sorting facility in Oregon until 8/15? And I'm only one state, 500+ miles away! Dang. Oh well, hopefully will have them soon...

Yeah, mine haven't arrived yet still :(. USPS says it received the shipping info on 8/13, which makes sense, but didn't go thru the sorting facility in Oregon until 8/15? And I'm only one state, 500+ miles away! Dang. Oh well, hopefully will have them soon...

Same info for me, However I live in Sweden ;)

Now we begin to get the idea why USPS is cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex. It's OK if we're not in the "night before christmas" mode. ;)

The same for me. I suspect that Zen did not get some of those binoculars to the USPS, until Friday night or Saturday morning. Mine reached Manhattan, at about 6:15, this morning, too late for today's delivery.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Mine arrived early this afternoon. Here's what the tracking looked like courtesy of USPS. And yeah Sioux Falls is only around 350 miles east of Rapid.... go figure :(

- Arrival at Unit, August 16, 2009, 2:40 am, RAPID CITY, SD 57701
- Processed through Sort Facility, August 14, 2009, 10:02 pm, SIOUX FALLS, SD 57104
- Processed through Sort Facility, August 13, 2009, 7:04 pm, PORTLAND, OR 97218
- Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 13, 2009

Last edited:
Mine was delivered at 6 PM,:clap: which is good time from Portland, which it left on Saturday night. We are having a heat wave with temperatures above 32ºC, so I may not be able to do much field work with this glass, soon.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :D

Now we begin to get the idea why USPS is cheaper than UPS or Fed Ex. It's OK if we're not in the "night before christmas" mode. ;)

That said I did get mine on the second day (last Friday) which was probably the day after they physically got in the mail. THough I am in Seattle ;)

USPS priority isn't that bad and it's faster than other ground services over continental differences. I've had a package from AL to WA in two days. I was surprised!

That said I did get mine on the second day (last Friday) which was probably the day after they physically got in the mail. Though I am in Seattle ;)

USPS priority isn't that bad and it's faster than other ground services over continental differences. I've had a package from AL to WA in two days. I was surprised!

The thing is, for you Seattle is a main hub. SEA-TAC is not much more than six hours from any airport. But, all in all USPS is not too bad. It sucks for sort of in between intermediate hub rural places like where I am. UPS and FedEx serve me a lot better, and are what I prefer to use if time is really critical.

Still waiting for my order.

Emailed Zen Ray for tracking number.

Zen Ray email information as follows:

Your order has been shipped on 8/13. A delivery was attempted on 8/24. Could you please contact your local post authority to check the status of this shipment?

Attempted Delivery Abroad, August 24, 2009, 1:57 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
At Foreign Delivery Unit, August 24, 2009, 1:30 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Out of Foreign Customs, August 23, 2009, 8:08 pm, GREAT BRITAIN
Into Foreign Customs, August 21, 2009, 8:07 am, GREAT BRITAIN
Arrived Abroad, August 21, 2009, 8:05 am, GREAT BRITAIN
International Dispatch, August 17, 2009, 12:09 pm, ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)
Arrival
Processed through Sort Facility, August 15, 2009, 1:56 pm, PORTLAND, OR 97229
Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 13, 2009

From the above information, my binoculars are somewhere in the UK.

I have not received any delivery notification at my address and from the information above I am unable to determine who I am to contact to arrange delivery.

Just had an email from Zen Ray with a tracking number.
The email was followed by a phone call from Charles at Zen Ray.

What can I say. Superb service.

Managed to locate my binoculars (awaiting customs payment) and expect delivery tomorrow.:t:

Can't wait.

PS. Customs charge was £20.26

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back