• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks, the time she is a ticking
Highlights, a few for slim picking

alan_rymer (what an appropriate surname!) - too many good posts to list .... but my fav would have to be making your own Water! :-D
Hard Times Indeed!!
Loved your "Kids Truisms" (Ok I admit it *choked* up a coupla times - awww), and your "Dog Plumber" was a ripper!
reminds me of a story I heard out this ways ....

(Note to future self - walking through the jungle with Tigers, Leopards, Rhino's, Bears, and Crocodiles, makes for really cool stories - But N-E-V-E-R Put Yourself in the Position of being a Prey Animal Again !! You don't need that much EXCITEMENT !!!!! IDIOT !!!!!)

Thanks for the comment Chosun Juan, have loved your varied posts
What a time to have been away and out of touch with the internet and birdforum?

I'm getting short of amusing sayings etc so I thought I would go back in Ruffled Feathers to find threads I enjoyed. This is the #13 of one such thread titled "Tech Support for Women" 1st post is on #9929

Originally posted by Birdman

Upgrading to Wife 1.0

Last year a friend of mine upgraded from Girlfriend 4.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog leaving few system resources for other applications. He is also now noticing the Wife 1.0 is also spawning Child-processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomenon was included in the product documentation, though other users have informed me that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application.
Not only that, Wife 1.0 installs itself so that it is always launched at system initialization where it can monitor all other system activity. Some applications such as PokerNite 10.3 , Bachelor Party 2.5, and Pubnite 7.0 are no longer able to run on the system at all, causing the system to lockup when launched (even though the apps worked fine before).

Wife 1.0 provides no installation options. Thus, the installation of undesired plug-ins such as Mother-in-law 55.8 and the Brother-in-law Beta is unavoidable. Also, system performance seems to diminish with each passing day.

Some features my friend would like to see in the upcoming Wife 2.0:

A "don't remind me again" button.
Minimize button.
Ability to delete the "headache" file
An install feature that provides an option to uninstall 2.0 version without loss loss of other system resources.
An option to run the network driver in "promiscuous mode" allowing the the system's Hardware Probe feature to be much more useful/effective.

I myself wish I had decided to avoid all of the headaches associated with Wife 1.0 by sticking with Girlfriend 3.0 Even here, however, I have found many problems. Apparently you cannot install Girlfriend 4.0 on top of girlfriend 3.0. You must uninstall Girlfriend 3.0 first, otherwise the two versions of Girlfriend will have conflicts over shared use of the I/O port. Other users have told me that this is a long-standing problem that I should have been aware of. Guess that explains what happened to versions 1 and 2.

To make matters worse, the uninstall program for Girlfriend 3.0 doesn't work very well, leaving undesirable traces of the application in the system. Another identified problem is that all versions of Girlfriend have annoying little messages about the advantages of upgrading to Wife 1.0!

VIRUS ALERT

All users should be aware that Wife 1.0 has an undocumented bug. If you try to install Mistress 1.1 before uninstalling Wife 1.0, Wife 1.0 will delete MSMoney files before doing the uninstall itself. Once that happens, Mistress 1.1 won't install and you will get an "insufficient resources" error message. To avoid the aforementioned bug, try installing Mistress 1.1 on a different system and " never" run any file transfer applications between the two systems.

Well, as ideas go, its a good try ;) But . . . (and there has to be a but!)
D, these babies have a lifetime faults warranty, they have been immersed in five feet of water for three minutes, they are Argon charged, rugged . . . I don't think that a little bit of dust will worry them. So their need of soft gentle Scottish rain may be nothing more that a fleeting thought on a hot dry day and I just think they are not going to be very good travellers. I mean imagine if they get on a flight that goes via Dubai and they have to wait there for ten hours. No, no, no (shudder) I think they should just come out here for good. All my birding friends cant wait to see them too so they wont be lonely. (Thinks . . .have I covered all requirements or will Delia come up with another stratagem . . . ?)

Me and my Primes will go out together
We'll watch the birds and study the weather
They'll help me with the LBJ's
That presently blot my birding days
We'll make our lists and have some fun
Oh Prime HD you are the one
I've waited for for, such a time
And now I'm sure you will be mine
So come out here and see for yourself -
Much more fun than being left on the shelf!

Well, here we go: good luck D!

Nah! your lovely poems aren't going to work Sal - it's me and my generosity that'll win the day:-O

Joanne - I see you've cut down on your angelic smiles.... does that mean you've been a naughty girl?

D

Today The Winning Post‏ is Chosun

One late burst, from out of the blue
Sidestep the competition, feint and fend
Into the gap, accelerate past you
Streak the field, to score Prime Zen
A popular win, the crowd cheers too
Ladies and Gents, the winner is Chosun! :loveme:

Chosun :gh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ztU1bafTig

If it's light you yen, Then carefully listen
Here's a link for you, It'll be something new
Kids don't try this too, It's not for you
If wisdom you value, Here is a clue
Just watch a Harrier Hen, Ahhh - Pure Zen . |:|| . o:D

Thanks for the fun times. Good luck to everybody (if I don't win!! teehee) 8-P

Thanks Charles ! :t: .Thanks Zen-Ray !! . :t::t:

yippee-i-o-ki-ay,

what do you mean, last try? i thought the contest was over. april 21 drawing, no? it's april 22. well, in case, not, here's another entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back