• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ME64 + K6P + wich phantom power (1 Viewer)

Nikos

Hi,
I've read from a previous Ermine's reply that It should be preferred to choose the Sennheiser K6 (self powered) than the K6P (need a phantom power).
I've the opportunity to buy the K6P at a very interesting price and I've a ME 64 module. Is it really a bad choice ?
I want to use it together with a parabolic reflector (still to be found) and on my sony MR-R70.
As powering phantom I've seen the Rolls PB23 at about 40 €. Could it works with the above described system ?
Another stupid question :eek!: the phantow power gives power to the K6P but how is the phantow powered ??? 1,5 V batteries ?
Thanks in advance for your quick answer
Nicolas Selosse, Belgium

Hi,
I've read from a previous Ermine's reply that It should be preferred to choose the Sennheiser K6 (self powered) than the K6P (need a phantom power).
I've the opportunity to buy the K6P at a very interesting price and I've a ME 64 module. Is it really a bad choice ?
I want to use it together with a parabolic reflector (still to be found) and on my sony MR-R70.
As powering phantom I've seen the Rolls PB23 at about 40 €. Could it works with the above described system ?
Another stupid question :eek!: the phantow power gives power to the K6P but how is the phantow powered ??? 1,5 V batteries ?
Thanks in advance for your quick answer
Nicolas Selosse, Belgium

Hi Nicolas,

Since no-one has relplied I will do my best.

Whether you need a K6P depends on what recorder you are going to use eg. can it supply power to the mic ? Since you are using a Sony Mini Disc which cannot supply power to the ME64 you will need the normal K6 power unit NOT the K6P Phantom power one. The K6 takes an AA battery which will power the mic to the mini disc.

The normal choice of ME series mic for use in a parabola appears to be the ME62, and you could use this with a Telinga Universal parabola and handle combination. Not sure how different the ME64 is.

So your shopping list would be:

ME62
K6 Power Module
Telinga Parabola and Universal Handle

Also, consider using an ME67 /K6 into your Mini Disc. I often use this set-up and in most cases find it matches the Omni/parabola set-up. It was recommended to me by Lachlustre on this Forum and he was absolutely right in his appraisal. I also use Telinga parabola's and Twin Science mics as well though so I am a bit of a gear slut !

Hope this all helps, if not just yell out !

Linz

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back