• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mine could release a `red wave of death' ..... (1 Viewer)

El Annie

Phew..............
In conserv@tion today - http://www.habitat.org.uk/news1.htm

Flooding from an old Welsh copper mine could create a deadly acid river if measures are not taken soon, warned the Environment Agency yesterday. Officials say the disused mine at Dyffryn Adda on Parys Mountain on Anglesey could cause a huge wave of pollution which could turn vast areas of the Irish Sea red. The poisonous water could be extremely dangerous, affecting people with sensitive skin, damaging property and wildlife.
More information - icWales

El Annie
:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back