• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

French Alps in February: What Will I See? (1 Viewer)

joannec

Europe
I'm planning a short trip to The Alps in February to visit my daughter who is working at a French ski resort for the winter season. We will be in Les Carroz d'araches and Flaine. What birds should I be looking for, common and not so common....never been there before. I'm thinking there won't be too many birds above the snow line in winter but maybe soaring raptors on bright sunny days? Perhaps more birds in the wooded parts and around human habitation. Any guidance appreciated.

Joanne

I'm planning a short trip to The Alps in February to visit my daughter who is working at a French ski resort for the winter season. We will be in Les Carroz d'araches and Flaine. What birds should I be looking for, common and not so common....never been there before. I'm thinking there won't be too many birds above the snow line in winter but maybe soaring raptors on bright sunny days? Perhaps more birds in the wooded parts and around human habitation. Any guidance appreciated.

Joanne

Hi Joanne,
Alpine Chough, Alpine Accentor, Snow Finch are all easy to see with luck, some raptors, but a word of advice...sod the birds and get those skiis on!!!
See you on the 17th (hopefully)
Paul

Hi Joanne,
Alpine Chough, Alpine Accentor, Snow Finch are all easy to see with luck, some raptors, but a word of advice...sod the birds and get those skiis on!!!
See you on the 17th (hopefully)
Paul

3:)...you must be joking! With my knees I'd tumble down and end up a broken wreck at the bottom.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back