• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Check a bird out? South devon (1 Viewer)

Staysee

I posted in the bird identification forum and cos i am like 90% sure its great white egret after looking at pics. but could turn out to be a little egret, i was told to come here and see if anyone would go along to check it out?

The bird was pure white, long legs, long neck, long beak, carrying a twig in its beak, but the only snag is that im pretty sure it was an orange beak as i remember something orange about it and both egrets have black legs, it was poking around the river bank.

I could give a general discreption of where, as im sure most south devon people would know where im on about, or i could google earth it and get a screen cap of where, but PM me for the details if you interested

Last edited:
After reading through your post on the bird ID section, i have made a phone call to someone i know who lives around that area. They was unaware when they would be free, but when they get time will dip in there and have a look.
He did say theres a few little egrets and a cattle egret has been seen there, but he hasnt heard of any possible GWE recently.

dont wanna cause a fuss, cos knowing my luck it will be a little egret

so i apologise if it turns out to be just that

can little egrets have orangey/yellow beaks...cos on rspb website it says they have black beaks

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back