• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What am I? (1 Viewer)

weather

Pirate name: Poncy Henry Goodfellow
Can you guess what bird this is just by the description?

Description 7-8 1/2" (18-22 cm). Male has black head, back, wings, and tail; orange breast, rump, and shoulder patch. Female olive-brown, with dull yellow-orange underparts and 2 dull white wing bars.

MIke

Want to try another one? This one's easy.

Description 10" (25 cm). Barred black and white above; pale buff below and on face; sexes similar except that male has red crown and nape, female red nape only. Reddish patch on lower abdomen is seldom visible in the field.

Mike

One more easy one...

Description 13" (33 cm). A pigeon-sized bird, blue-gray above, white below, with bushy crest, dagger-like bill. Male has blue-gray breast band; female similar, but also has chestnut belly band.

Mike

I'm quite small, just slightly longer than a House Sparrow. I've got a beady black eye, and a short, stubby but fairly thin beak. I'm a sort of leaden grey above, and whitish below, except for a distinct orangey tinge to my lower flanks. But perhaps what you'll notice most obviously, is my short, stubby crest, whitish right at the base, but mostly black.

Oh, and where am I?

weather said:
One more easy one...

Description 13" (33 cm). A pigeon-sized bird, blue-gray above, white below, with bushy crest, dagger-like bill. Male has blue-gray breast band; female similar, but also has chestnut belly band.

Mike
Didn't see this one - Belted Kingfisher

Michael

Michael Frankis said:
I'm quite small, just slightly longer than a House Sparrow. I've got a beady black eye, and a short, stubby but fairly thin beak. I'm a sort of leaden grey above, and whitish below, except for a distinct orangey tinge to my lower flanks. But perhaps what you'll notice most obviously, is my short, stubby crest, whitish right at the base, but mostly black.

Oh, and where am I?

My mother-in-law?

Mike

Michael Frankis said:

Oh, and where am I?

Tufted Titmouse and you're at home!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back