• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Avg (1 Viewer)

POP

Can somebody tell me how to ensure that cookies work first time when using AVG,I have had to uninstall this as I had to constantly enter passwords to enter sites ,and on some sights it was impossible to enter.Any help would be most appreciated.

John

Hi John,

Which version of AVG are you using? I don't remember any privacy features in the free version. Cookie control and remembering passwords are features built-in to browsers.

Cheers,

Andy.

Andy/Tim,when I uninstalled AVG the browser worked perfectly,and all my cookies settings are set right,I wonder if it is in conflict with Ad Aware,Zone Alarm and Mail Washer which I have on machine.I was quite pleased with AVG as it picked up a virus and 4,corrupt files.But I have had this problem before when i downloaded an anti virus programme cant remember what is was now.Every time i load Bird Guides it asks for my Password etc and yet it only asked once for Bird Forum so i just dont know what the problem is.
But thank you both for getting back to me.

John

John, on the BirdGuides site, are you ticking the box underneath the password field which says 'remember my password on this computer'? Which other sites are giving you problems?

I have AVG (free edition) at home along with AdAware, Sygate firewall and Mailwasher and have no trouble with any sites. I had more trouble with Norton installed.

I find it strange that it's your virus checker that's causing this and not the firewall. I had numerous problems when I had Zone Alarm installed some time ago. I could get the hang of its settings at all. Gave up in the end.

Diane,have uninstalled this and reinstalled and it now appears to be working fine.Thank you for getting back to me.

John

Somebody sent me a message I think it was Rob,ref this subject but for some Unknown reason it has not come up.To cure my problem I uninstalled AVG and then reinstalled and it appears to have solved my problem.Sorry I am repeating myself.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back