• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Goes On In Scotlands Estates (1 Viewer)

Ian Bell

Supporter
Scotland
After yesterdays news of yet another Golden Eagle death on a Shooting Estate,this time Strathdon,there is a TV Programme that might Interest a few readers on here.

Tuesday 9pm BBC Scotland
Fair Game

What Goes On In Scotlands Estates

After yesterdays news of yet another Golden Eagle death on a Shooting Estate,this time Strathdon,there is a TV Programme that might Interest a few readers on here.

Tuesday 9pm BBC Scotland
Fair Game

What Goes On In Scotlands Estates

Sorry,I forgot to mention it is a documentry with regards to Raptors being killed unlawfully on some of Scotlands Estates.

According to an article in today’s Scotsman, in a forthcoming documentary on illegal raptor persecution in Scotland, Douglas McAdam of the SRPBA puts forward the argument for licences, claiming that they will reduce the incentive for landowners and gamekeepers to illegally poison and shoot protected species.

Back to the same old stance from the shooting industry is it?

More info http://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/2011/05/08/landowners-demand-right-to-kill-protected-birds/

Goodness.

It would be handy if it were legal to take money from people that are richer than me, rather than steal it and break the law. If they were to legalise it then it wouldn't be a crime and we could monitor how much money I take and make sure everyone has enough.

According to an article in today’s Scotsman, in a forthcoming documentary on illegal raptor persecution in Scotland, Douglas McAdam of the SRPBA puts forward the argument for licences, claiming that they will reduce the incentive for landowners and gamekeepers to illegally poison and shoot protected species.

More info http://raptorpersecutionscotland.wordpress.com/2011/05/08/landowners-demand-right-to-kill-protected-birds/

maybe they should provide licences for culling of game keepers, keep me out of prison when i decide to break the law a shoot a few of the bastards

Time for land reform in Scotland!!

Hopefully the SNP will use the recent election result to reign in the shooting estates in Scotland that appear to be a law onto themselves when it comes to turning the Scottish countryside into a toxic death trap for so many raptor species!!:C

So basically he wants to reward widespread criminality:C - these people make me sick!!:C

PS: Using that twisted logic we might as well bin all EU legistation protecting endangered birds across Europe!!:egghead:

I've been thinking about this stuff a long time and I'm now of a-mind that "killing things for pleasure is a perversion".

Game-keepers kill things as a job of work and they get paid for it, they might not necessarily take pleasure in doing it but people should enjoy their work nonetheless. The twisted perverted part is that the creatures are killed in interest preserving the numbers of game for the shooters and hunters.

I maintain that anyone killing things for pleasure is a pervert! hell... who in their right mind would go down to the abattoir and PAY for the fun of shoving the stun gun thing in to the heads of the cattle? nope that task should be reserved only a person doing a job of work and getting paid for it.

Shoot them or capture them or what ever if your going to eat them or their numbers need to be kept in check or even if they need to be studied for analysis or wot-not. But its got to be done as a job of work or your a pervert. sorry for ranting.

News item about this here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13339288 and it says that the programme will be available to all on iPlayer.

These guys have some neck coming out with this within a week of 2 poisoned golden eagles turning up in the usual circumstances - its about time the Scottish government stood up to the Lord Muck types behind these estates, the same ones that also appear to beleive that Conservation laws are just for the little people:C:C

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back