• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aquatic Warbler in Hungary (1 Viewer)

Hi Dieter,
there is a site near Nagyivan (sp?) in the hortobagy but it is in a part of the NP where it is not permitted to visit without a guide.

you could try sakertours, i went with them on a very good day trip in may 2010 and saw one aquatic wblr.

i don't know if there are other freely accessible sites however.

cheers,
James

There is also a small marsh at the main road to Hortobagy close to Kocsujfalu (close to the junction to Nagyivan) where one bird could be seen some years ago. However, numbers are fluctuating and Nagyivan is by far the best chance. You can also get guides for one day which can show you the birds as you are not allowed to go there by yourself. Saker tours is good, but also the park itself has guides (however, not always the best ones).

André

The news following a Sakertours trip last week is that Aquatic Warbler is no longer breeding at sites in Hungary where birds could be found in recent years.

The Hortobagy has also lost Kentish Plover, Short-toed Lark and Collared Pratincole due to general lack of grazing in recent times.

Having said this, I would certainly recommend Hungary with Sakertours as the trip was excellent.

The news following a Sakertours trip last week is that Aquatic Warbler is no longer breeding at sites in Hungary where birds could be found in recent years.

The Hortobagy has also lost Kentish Plover, Short-toed Lark and Collared Pratincole due to general lack of grazing in recent times.

Having said this, I would certainly recommend Hungary with Sakertours as the trip was excellent.

Hi there,

We have seen some Collared Pratincole in Kiskunsag National Park one week ago, and have a place for the Kentish too. Great spots for Saker, Great Bustard, Syrian Woodpeckers, Imperial Eagle, Penduline Tit, Bearded Reedling, ect. close to Budapest!

You are willingly welcome here in Hungary!

Cheers,
Laszlo
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/birdinginhungary

Hi there,

We have seen some Collared Pratincole in Kiskunsag National Park one week ago, and have a place for the Kentish too. Great spots for Saker, Great Bustard, Syrian Woodpeckers, Imperial Eagle, Penduline Tit, Bearded Reedling, ect. close to Budapest!

You are willingly welcome here in Hungary!

Cheers,
Laszlo
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/birdinginhungary

Hi Laszlo, I was indeed made very welcome and really enjoyed Hungary.

Bird-list (180+) did include all of the species mentioned with the exception of KPlov which wasn't a specific target. What is a shame is the loss of these three species in the Hortobagy national park though and the loss of AqWblr as a breeding bird in Hungary.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back