• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ethiopia - Autumn 2012 (anyone interested) (1 Viewer)

Mike Hunter

I'm at the early stages of organising a trip to Ethiopia sometime Sept / Oct / Nov 2012 for two weeks minimum (perhaps up to three).

With most of my world birding biddies having been I'm wondering whether my non-birding wife and myself could team up with another couple.

Rough costs:
Flight - £400 - £500
4x4 - $175 per day including fuel (a good car with a reputable company)
Driver Guide - $55 per day (comes highly recommended)
Accommodation & food - £40 per day should easily cover it

I'm an experienced birder in Africa having been to The Gambia, Morocco, Kenya, Malawi, South Africa, Botswana and Namibia.

Main aims for this trip would be enjoyment, Ethiopian endemics, Somali Courser, and tough anywhere in Africa e.g. Arabian Bustard.

In terms of compatibility, able to bird dawn to dusk is probably the main requirement. Although my wife is a non-birder she loves great scenery, being out, and wildlife in general.

Anyone interested please do email - [email protected].

Thanks

Mike & Denise

I'll probably raise a new message somewhere, but I'm booked to go to Ethiopia with my wife, flying on 24 December, returning to UK 10th January giving 16 full days in the field.

We are using a local guide and driver and targeting the endemics plus other key birds such as Somali Courser and Arabian Bustard.

The 4x4 we are using has room for one more individual. We would be splitting the costs so approx £600 for the car, including guide fees and diesel, PLUS accommodation.

PM me if you are interested and I'll email a rough itinerary.

Mike Hunter

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back