• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Web Sites in the forum (1 Viewer)

Reader

May I recommend one members site as the type of web site that is useful to visiting members to the midlands. It belongs to andythomas. His site address is
http://www.thomas1976.freeserve.co.uk

As far as I am concerned this is the type of web site that we need for anyone that visits a particular area. Of course there are all types of web sites with mountains of information but I feel that perhaps one little forum dedicated to only including web sites that give out detailed site information would be a good addition. I am sure that there are many members who have such a web site, or have the knowledge to design one. Soon a patchwork of web sites could be made and put into this forum. Before long most, if not all, of Britain would be covered and anyone visiting any particular area could go into that forum and find all the information they would need to help get the most out of the visit.

Not forgetting our friends across the globe. A section of this forum could include site information from anywhere in the world. Perhaps even if you haven't a web site you already know sites that could be linked into that would give the necessary information.

Have a good look at Andy's site and see what you think. (Just click into the link above or go into members then look for andythomas and click into his web site).

Do you think that we could we do with a few more web sites like this?

Very good idea John, that would be extremely useful.
My site is just a collection of photos, embarrased to say that I did start adding location information but realised that I didn't have the knowledge to adequetly describe places & the birds to be found. "Green space with trees & the occassional woodpecker" would be my sort of description. Maybe I'll have another go (& try harder).

Tony

We already have links to personal web sites. If you go into the members area you will see those members with their own web sites. If you click into that area you will go straight to any site you choose. There are some excellent sites out there but most of them cover all aspects of birding. What I am looking for are web sites that deal only in site location (such as andy thomas' excellent site).

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back