• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fuji S9000 (1 Viewer)

Fuji S9000 for otter / wildlife photography

Chiapas,Mexico

Hi, were thinking of getting the Fuji coolpix S9000 for otter and general wildlife photography/ research.From what I have read it seems the image quality is the best in its class.Some photoes will be in lower light, eg shade, dawn / dusk in a canyon area. Hows it perform in low light?
Our other possible choices are canon S2 IS or Panasonic FZ 7
Does anyone know if it the camera will accept Fuji or third party tele converters ? We need at least 500-600 equivelent Any idea how much these cost and is image quality still good using the tele-converters?

Any advice on any of the above questions would be really appreciated

gracias!

Julian and Rosy

Last edited:
Hi guys

I assume you are referring to the Fuji Finepix S9500, or does it have a different designation in Mexico?

I bought the S5000 a couple of years ago and have been absolutley delighted with its performance (check out some of the results on my gallery page). I did look at teleconvertors but decided against them in the end as I wanted to go down the digital slr with lenses route . . . however, the Fuji does accept third party tc's and they tend to be a bit cheaper than proprietry ones.

I know it's a British site, but you might like to visit http://www.dcmag.co.uk for some ideas.

All the best

Al

Thanks for advice!

Thanks. I'm deciding between S9500 or S5200. Images seem excellent.
Im originally from Sedgley not too far from you! Came here in 94 and married mexcan girl last year.

say hello to Black Country

Julian and Rosy

monkeyman said:
Hi guys

I assume you are referring to the Fuji Finepix S9500, or does it have a different designation in Mexico?

I bought the S5000 a couple of years ago and have been absolutley delighted with its performance (check out some of the results on my gallery page). I did look at teleconvertors but decided against them in the end as I wanted to go down the digital slr with lenses route . . . however, the Fuji does accept third party tc's and they tend to be a bit cheaper than proprietry ones.

I know it's a British site, but you might like to visit http://www.dcmag.co.uk for some ideas.

All the best

Al

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back