• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

La Manga del Mar Menor (1 Viewer)

rubble512

Has anyone been birding in this area of Murcia recently? I have a week there in April this year and will have a car. I have a couple of guide books so should be OK for the major sites but if anyone has any birding tips I would be grateful.

cheers

B :)

Last edited:
He is a little north of your stay but do contact Jules Sykes - an active BF member - He is a professional bird guide and regularly gets down to the Alicante area, where there are some great sites. Treat yourself to a day out with him. Have a look at his website diary to whet your appetite. http://www.olivaramatours.com/index.html

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

el mojon

rubble512 said:
Has anyone been birding in this area of Murcia recently? I have a week there in April this year and will have a car. I have a couple of guide books so should be OK for the major sites but if anyone has any birding tips I would be grateful.

cheers

B :)
i have 10 days in El Mojon april 25 on if you get any info please pass on to me Regards Barry

San Pedro del Pinitar is well worth a visit - lots of Black-necked Grebe, Slender-billed & Audouin's Gull, Flamingo, good variety of waders, Dartford Wabler, Great Grey Shrike, Crag Martin etc - and that was in Feb so April should be even better.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back