• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Misty morning (1 Viewer)

Atricapilla

Still Wandering
Just thought I would share this scene with you,7a.m on my patch this morning.

Attachments

• heron sunrise.jpg
    heron sunrise.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 155
John o'Sullivan said:
Quality Bob. Over in Turkey myself from 27th Oct to Nov 6th really loooking forward to it. Seen any good birds lately. yours John O'
It seems to be 'in between' at the moment,should be spot on by the time you arrive,(it was last year in late October),saying that on the marsh this morning I had:
Grey heron - 60
Glossy ibis - 2
Little egret - 40
Great egret- 4
Black stork - 4
Ruddy shelduck - 12
Little grebe - 2
Ruff - 6
Wood sands -12
Marsh sands - 8
Little stint -12
Kentish plover -14
Dunlin - 20
Black tern - 4
Stone curlew - 2
Kingfisher - 4
Tawny pipit - 2
Whinchat -18
Willow warbler -30
Red B shrike - 12
Woodchat shrike - 3
Isabelline wheatear - 4
Yellow wags - everywhere
SP fly's - everywhere
B e Wheatear - everywhere
N wheatear - everwhere
Corn bunting - everywhere
Should be loads more by the time you arrive,going to the reserve at Izmir later this month so should be all guns blazing!!

buckskin hawk said:
It looks like a silk screen painting. Beautiful.
Thanks a lot,it was digiscoped at about 200 yards,every morning makes me realise how fortunate I am and how unspoilt it is(at the moment)here.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back