• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alico boots (1 Viewer)

I haven't but the people that have don't seem to like them
Reviews here...

I really don't like leather boots at all - I bought a pair for work last year and suffered terribly as they were like the Alico - HEAVY (6-7 Lb).

I live in things like Scarpa Heliums, Merrel ventilators, Zamberlan GTX - like wearing comfy slippers, no blisters, no divers boot feel.

It's all rainforest and lava fields here - I need heavy duty old-school leather boots that can smash through rocks and seal up like a submarine with a bit of Sno-Seal. ;) I've 99% settled on getting some of the mid-weight Summit model.

I suffered through a long break-in period with some Doc Martens once. I can do it! (with the help of my Smartwools) :t:

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of Alico Summit. Hopefully they're the right size. I'll post an update when I've tried them out.

Woo, they're hard as rocks out of the box! :) I can't even lace them up tight yet, they're so solid. I can tell I'll need some good insoles. They are beautiful. :loveme:

Update...6 hours later...I was able to tighten the laces a bit more, and they're getting more comfy by the minute. :)

Last edited:
Love these boots. Still trying to find the right insole. After shopping for both, something tells me there's more money to be made in the insole business than in the boot business. :eek!:

I ordered a second pair from Sierra Trading Post during the recent sale. Unfortunately there are very few sizes left. I wonder if they'll get more eventually, since they seem to have sold fast....

This fall it looked like Alico boots were going permanently out of stock at Sierra Trading Post, but fortunately both the Summit and Guide are back in a wide range of sizes! (Unfortunately more expensive this time, but still worth it) I have 3 pairs of Summits, and I'm even tempted to try a pair of Guides.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back