• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Even More Fungi! (1 Viewer)

DesperateDan said:
Hi Can anyone help with an Id of these? first time I have seen them on my lawn here in Exeter Devon

Many thanks

Dan

How odd, not only the same species posted by John P the day before, but the same locality and the exact same specimen. A bit of duplication of threads here. See my answer to that thread. (Still Armillaria gallica, one of the Honey Fungi.)

This being in your lawn may suggest that you have a nearby tree that is not very well I am afraid, though with a longer life expectancy than if your fungus was the related A. mellea.

Alan

Silver said:
How odd, not only the same species posted by John P the day before, but the same locality and the exact same specimen. A bit of duplication of threads here.

Alan
My fault; Dan put these onto another forum and I suggested he try here, but I got bored Saturday evening and put one on here anyway.

Many thanks for the reply Alan, I knew I could rely on Birdforum to come up with the answer.

John P said:
My fault; Dan put these onto another forum and I suggested he try here, but I got bored Saturday evening and put one on here anyway.

Many thanks for the reply Alan, I knew I could rely on Birdforum to come up with the answer.

Thanks all,

My garden has an old elm hedge at the end with rotten elm stumps, I assume they are the source, the soil all around the hedge has lots of while mycellum? if thats the right name, but the growing plants seem unaffected and the fruiting bodies are well away from the hedge, in fact they are massed under the rotary clothes line (aluminium fortunately!)

dan

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back