• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shetland Trip info Req. (1 Viewer)

Steve Seal

Hi All
Iam having a week in Sumburgh Shetland next year,
Iam an inexperianced bird watcher and would be gratefull
for any info around that area.
Regards Steve :h?:

Steve Seal said:
Hi All

Hi Steve

Hope he doesn't mind me saying this, but you might try giving Mike Pennington (BF) a shout (ie. perhaps send a Private Message) - he lives on Shetland. I'm sure he will be able to advise on Species and Locations etc (Would help if you were a bit more specific about the time of year you were going though). Good luck

(BTW... Welcome to BirdForum!)

Steve Seal said:
Hi All

You are not that inexperienced Mr Seal! Just inexperienced in Shetland birding.

We are going the first week of October by the way. Somebody is already excited! If anyone is interested we got return flights from Birmingham to Sumburgh (via Aberdeen) for 140 quid by booking early. Actually cheaper than Scillies I think!

Tom

Periwinkle said:
You are not that inexperienced Mr Seal! Just inexperienced in Shetland birding.

We are going the first week of October by the way. Somebody is already excited! If anyone is interested we got return flights from Birmingham to Sumburgh (via Aberdeen) for 140 quid by booking early. Actually cheaper than Scillies I think!

Tom

Doh! Have been trying to make up my mind whether to go to Shetland or Scilly first week Oct next year and just decided on Scilly! ... sounds like a cheap flight though ... :h?:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back