• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kazbegi, Georgia (1 Viewer)

lewis20126

Hi all,

I've got a weekend in Georgia in early May and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a good reliable driver & taxi for the trip up to Kazbegi (for Caucasian Snowcock etc). Is self-drive from Tblisi possible or sensible?

Any info on any local guides etc at Kazbegi is also welcome.

Cheers
Alan

Not much of a response!
Anyway have secured the services of a ground agent who has done this run for British birders before. Just hope the weather is good on at least one of the 3 days I'm at Kazbegi.
Will post brief results when I get back

Alan

Not much of a response!
Anyway have secured the services of a ground agent who has done this run for British birders before. Just hope the weather is good on at least one of the 3 days I'm at Kazbegi.
Will post brief results when I get back

Alan

No response at all! Anyway had a great trip with plenty of snowcocks and blackcocks giving stunning views. Two male great rosefinches on high snow patches but no guldenstadt's redstarts in my 2.5 days - luckily it is common in Nepal. Great passage of 500+ Honey Buzzards in one hour with 2 Levant S'hawks for good measure. Loads of other nice padders.

If anyone is doing a similar trip, PM me and I'll try and get you some more details.

Cheers, Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back