• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Classification Query? (1 Viewer)

Stewart J.

Entering sightings to my data-base (Wildlife Computing Bird Recorder 32) for a recent trip to St. Lucia. I need to add a species to the systematic list which it will not allow me to do until I input the Family number then the Species number.

Anyone out there point me to a site where this info can be obtained for St. Lucia Warbler Dendroica delicata.

Have tried googling around but haven't come up with anything.

Many thanks

Stewart :h?:

Stewart,
In the database I used to use you had the ability to add new species and tie them to familes by using a decimal point on an existing family number...I did it for yellow-legged gull which at the time wasn't listed in the database. Used the family number for Herring Gull and gave yellow-legged gull a value of 'point'1 on the herring gull number. This may help, as I've not used Bird Recorder I don't know.

The taxonomic part of that question is that St Lucia warbler is closely related to Adelaides warbler, so that is where in your list that the species would fit. However, the rest of your question is specific to your software, and therefore you should be able to find the necessary info at the manufacturers web page.

Cheers
Niels

Thank you all will try your number tomorrow Ron am accessing BF through a friends computer as away at work

Cheers

Stewart

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back