• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Info required for Las Vegas (6-16th Nov 2007) (1 Viewer)

Tanager

Hello all,

I am going to be in Vegas from the 6th to the 12th of November and then somewhere nearby, either; Grand Canyon, Death Valley, or open to any other suggestions. I'll be able to bird in the morning around Vegas so if there are any birds/sites within a hour and a half drive of there that would be ideal.

So heres the wish list. Appologies for any howlers, either those that are common as muck or just plain fantasy, I just picked species by going through Sibley. Particularly interested in those highlighed as appaer to have smaller ranges.

Prairie Falcon
Gambels Quail
Inca Dove
Greater Roadrunner
Common Poorwill
White-throated Swift
Acorn Woodpecker
Gila Woodpecker

Ladder-backed Woodpecker
Gilded Flicker
Black Phobe
Mexican Jay
Pinyon Jay

Clark's Nutcracker
Bridled Titmouse
Juniper Titmouse

Mountain Chickadee
Verdin
Bushtit
Pygmy Nuthatch
Canyon wren
Cactus Wren
Black-tailed Gnatcatcher
Curve-billed Thrasher
Crissal Thrasher
Le Conte's Thrasher
Phainopepla
Canyon Towhee
Alberts Towhee

Great Tailed Grackle
Cassin's Finch
Lesser Goldfinch

Getting Married on the 11th and leaving Vegas on the 13th - 16th, so any suggestion for somewhere nice to stay between the 13th and 16th would also be most helpful.

Cheers,

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back