• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ClikPic web site.......couple of questions ? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
Like others I am about to start my own web site. It's mainly for my own/and friends (I do have some;)) pleasure but I think some shots are good enough to sell.
I was drawn to ClikPik as I think the templates look very professional. However I am puzzled by the following:-
For the basic fee (I think £35) you can only store 100 photographs or for additional fee you can store 200.......surely this can't be right?? Every bird/nature photographer must want more space than this!!

I realise that for 'sale purposes' they need to be full size but !!
Am I reading it correctly ??
Are there any better sites (I dont really want to go the flicker/pbase type route.......(maybe I'm just a snob:king:)

David,I use Microsoft Office Live.Also ,a member called Neil is using this site.A freebie site.The storage allowed is good.I resize my web pics to 550 ,I have 300 images in the gallery and have only used a tiny fraction of the free space allowed.If you are selling your pics,you would obviously send from the original,not the web pic.Yes,I did read the info on the Clickpic site,quite a small gallery allowed.

David,I use Microsoft Office Live.Also ,a member called Neil is using this site.A freebie site.The storage allowed is good.I resize my web pics to 550 ,I have 300 images in the gallery and have only used a tiny fraction of the free space allowed.If you are selling your pics,you would obviously send from the original,not the web pic.Yes,I did read the info on the Clickpic site,quite a small gallery allowed.

A couple of questions now (just to show my ignorance)
1. I assume if you use Microsoft then you have to create your own site?? If so I think this would be beyond my abilities

2. I assume I have Microsoft Office??? (I just switch the computer on and use windows to open my photos.

Christine
Just been looking at your web site-quite beautiful-I think we will move there:t:

A couple of questions now (just to show my ignorance)
1. I assume if you use Microsoft then you have to create your own site?? If so I think this would be beyond my abilities

2. I assume I have Microsoft Office??? (I just switch the computer on and use windows to open my photos.

1. No, you can use their templates.

2. Go to the start button and click on All Programs. If Microsoft Office is not there then you don't have it. I think new computers come with a trial version but you have to buy the full version later. As far as I can make out you don't need the Office suite on your computer in order to be able to use their web hosting.

Thanks Vectis Birder.
Tell me
1. who hosts your main web site?
2. Why don't you just stick to pbase?-you seem to have a good site there

EDIT
Just noticed it's photium......so why photium as against pbase??

Last edited:
David,although I use Microsoft Office Live small business website,I do not own the site.Someone found the free site,thought it would be suitable for me to use,as very simple to edit new pages etc.But there is another member who uses this site.His name is Neil,and he was on the Hello page this last week,asking members for their comments re his website.Around the 9th to the 12th,I think.
David,many thanks for your kind comments re my website.Needs updating!!!!

David, Because pbase is considerably cheaper than Photium. Also on pbase anybody who takes a fancy to any of your shots can just rip it off. Whereas on Photium you can prevent this happening.

Hi David, I am using Photium, but I am thinking of binning it and rebuilding my old site and putting it on a new host such as Microsoft, because I am not sure I like Photium's templates and restricted space and I think I would rather have my own style.
As for pBase, I think it is excellent, great value for money and, as you get a lot for your money, I can put a lot of photos on there, without cluttering up the 'main site' which I can save for the best stuff.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back