• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk Camping (1 Viewer)

JaneinNorfolk

Hi, I'm new so apologies for coming straight on and asking for something but I’m hoping to pick your brains. We’ve got a large garden managed for wildlife and fairly unkempt. We were considering installing a couple of camping pods (basically small insulated sheds) for letting out to walkers, birdwatchers etc. We will need planning permission etc. so before we go down that route I wondered if anyone would mind giving us their opinion on this sort of camping.
Facilities would include: Electric shower, re-chargeable lanterns in pods, fire-pit or BBQ for cooking, composting toilets (has anyone used these and do they really not smell?), and a warm welcome to wildlife lovers.
What would you be prepared to pay per pod (sleeps 2) per night, £30, £40, £50?
We are in a quiet village in Breckland Norfolk, so not in the obvious Norfolk North Coast area but only 36mins from Lakenheath Fen, Snettisham 47 mins, Pensthorpe 42 mins, Welney 38 mins.
Any comments, good or bad would be really appreciated.
Thanks again
Jane

Hi Jane

Anyone camping in their own tent would probably pay max £15 a night per pitch on a site with toilets, shower, dishwashing sink etc (of course you can pay more but if you shop around you shouldn't, though prices vary according to the season). Take it from there, I suggest. "Glamping" of course is another story.

(Don't know about composting toilets, sorry.)

Thanks Dave, the idea is for people not to have to worry about putting up tents and getting a dry (and hopefully warm) nights sleep.
Not sure I'd call it 'glamping' though. :)
Thanks again
Jane

Hi, I'm new so apologies for coming straight on and asking for something but I’m hoping to pick your brains. We’ve got a large garden managed for wildlife and fairly unkempt. We were considering installing a couple of camping pods (basically small insulated sheds) for letting out to walkers, birdwatchers etc. We will need planning permission etc. so before we go down that route I wondered if anyone would mind giving us their opinion on this sort of camping.
Facilities would include: Electric shower, re-chargeable lanterns in pods, fire-pit or BBQ for cooking, composting toilets (has anyone used these and do they really not smell?), and a warm welcome to wildlife lovers.
What would you be prepared to pay per pod (sleeps 2) per night, £30, £40, £50?
We are in a quiet village in Breckland Norfolk, so not in the obvious Norfolk North Coast area but only 36mins from Lakenheath Fen, Snettisham 47 mins, Pensthorpe 42 mins, Welney 38 mins.
Any comments, good or bad would be really appreciated.
Thanks again
Jane

Worth looking at http://www.deepdalefarm.co.uk/

Regards, John

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back