• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the May 2008 photo competition (1 Viewer)

IanF

The theme this month was 'Birds and Water'.

In all honesty I'd have thought the voting would have been closer with so many top notch entries this month. Early on in the voting three entries were vying for the lead but it wasn't long before one shot ahead of the rest.

150 members cast their vote this month.

First place by a good lead goes to

AndyByron with Fighting Grebes with 41/150 votes :t:

Second place -

Akihaka with New Day attracting 17/150 votes.

Third place -

raulqc with King rail and reflection attracting 15/150 votes.

Congratulations to the winners :t:

The entries will remain in place a few days before being moved to their respective forums.

Thank you very much for the votes and congrats to Andy and Raul. Fighting Grebes is worth all applause and attention it got. Cracking Grebe action. Love your image too, Raul! It has the quality and content to win too.. There were so many brilliant shots in this competition that it´s a great honour to end up this high. |=)| Thanks!

It was down to a choice between "Art" and "Action" 2 superb pictures which just climbed to the top of the excellent entries in the last competition well done to you both and to al the other entries

Thanks very much for all the kind comments (and especially the votes!:t:). I was surprised by the way the voting went. The quality of the entries was amazing and I definitely expected it to be a really close vote. Congratulations to everyone - there really wasn't a bad shot amongst them. I particularly liked the more artistic shots - something I'm hopeless at!

PS: There are some more shots from the same sequence on my gallery at my gallery

Well done to everyone who entered and especially the top 3. Congrats Andy, Aki and Raul, all 3 are winners in my book! :t:

Oh and I don't know which 2 poor, deluded souls voted for me but my thanks to them.

Last edited:
Andy and Aki, Congratulations... love both pictures.
Very nice collection of pictures so congratulation to all the participants.

Thanks to all that left positive comments on my entry.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back