• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald Eagle (1 Viewer)

I_Love_Birds

We were about to head home from our picnic at Belcarra Regional Park's picnic area. I bid farewell to the somewhat tame Canada Geese, The Glaucous Winged gulls and the American Crows. I was dissapointed I didn't see the birds I was waiting for, The Great Blue Heron and Common Merganser. Then my dad called me, saying something about the Glaucous Winged gulls panicking and attacking something in the air. My dad borrowed my Binoculars and he coudn't see it well. All we said was a black silloutte and a white tail. It landed on a branch as it gave up from the gulls, all we saw was a large brown thing sitting on top of a branch. Then it looked at us, I saw the white head reflecting the sun. I quickly grabbed my Binoculars, and quickly recognized the bird as a Bald Eagle, the bird I was looking for at our River, where my homeroom teacher said he saw one, but had no luck. The eagle flew again, and grabbed a Glaucous winged gull chick, and I was there observing it for 40 minutes...Poor chick. Now I feel really happy ^_^ That bird was so beautiful... I like the feeling you get when you find a new animal.:-D

Well, that's nature. *remembers seeing a mockingbird chase after a crow which had stolen its baby*

Eagles are neat. I was walking with my dad and grampa in Pennsylvania and we saw what looked like buzzards (as in turkey vultures, not the hawks) flying overhead, but they were really high up in the air. Then Dad mentioned that they were flying with their wings flat and not in a V, and we decided that it was a pair of eagles!

Wow, never seen a pair of eagles fly together. Well, it's my first time seeing one in the wild, all I've seen is a pair of them in a big cage. I've also seen a Red-Tailed hawk flying above our car. Didn't have time to observe it, though, but it was close enough for me to recognize it was a Red-tail. I did see some Rabbit fur and blood at the river bank, it was probably plucked by a Bald Eagle.

Wow, I'd love to go there. Marsh Hawks and Red-Tails are the common birds of prey seen here. I think I did see a Kestrel, though. It was flieng high in the sky and it looked small to be a Red-Tail.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back