• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two birders kidnapped in Tawi-Tawi (1 Viewer)

News from 24 May is that the kidnappers are demanding 50 million peso (just over $ 1 million) for the release of the westerners they kidnapped. I don't know if this is per person or for the whole lot, but I assume the first.

A rare happy news story for kidnapped foreigners these days, be it almost three years after he was taken - Lorenzo Vinciguerra, the Swiss birder from this story escaped from his captors on Saturday, getting shot in the process, but alive. Not looking good for his fellow captive, the Dutch birder Elwold Horn - was apparently too weak to run when the opportunity arose.

Screw it let's assemble a birdforum special forces :king:

my hundreds of call of duty hours will finally come in handy :eat:

Screw it let's assemble a birdforum special forces :king:

my hundreds of call of duty hours will finally come in handy :eat:

An appalling attempt at humour, if that's what it was meant to be. Take yourself out of your fantasy world for a moment and imagine what it was like for him, his fellow captive and their families during the time they've been held.

When you've done that, spare a thought for the other birder still being held - if he's still alive.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back