• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insect on thyme in Lindos, Greece (1 Viewer)

Can anyone identify the insect shown in this video still, taken in May 2014?

Well the plant isn't Thyme, some kind of Composite, perhaps Cardopatum corymbosum. The wasp is probably Sphecidae but not confident I can rule out Pompilidae from this.

Last edited:
Thyme is an aromatic perennial evergreen herb, so it's very natural that it attracts insects through its aroma. The video you have shared is unable to open, Can't you resend it? After reading of this, I suddenly remembered about my sister who is fond of gardening and collecting new herb plants in her garden area. But one day she found her herbs and flowers are getting down and on inspection, she found the herbs are infested with insects like aphids, thus to get rid of them permanently she called pest exterminator UES as she lives in UES. The exterminator identified the pests and exterminated them from the depth.

Thyme is an aromatic perennial evergreen herb, so it's very natural that it attracts insects through its aroma. The video you have shared is unable to open, Can't you resend it? .

As originally stated, it's a still [photo] from a video - not a video.
Best wishes
Martin

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back