• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle ID needed (1 Viewer)

Hello
This was shot by my son yesterday in the outskirts of Islamabad. Pakistan. Would approximate ID if possible.
Thank you
Ehsan

Attachments

• DSC_0737.jpg
    DSC_0737.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0738.jpg
    DSC_0738.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 176
The silhouette is much better for Imperial, specially the trailing edge of the wing, which is straight and lacks the typical Golden "pinched in" shape where it meets the body (also valid for Spanish Imperial vs Golden)

I thought it was a Golden - what do you guys see that makes it an Imperial eagle?
regards

Yes, definitely an Imperial Eagle. If you look at the first image, you see the top of its head. Golden eagles do not have such a bright nape.
This is definitely darker than any golden eagle I have seen, and the tail is in fact too short for an imperial eagle.
Lovely images, by the way

Yes, definitely an Imperial Eagle. If you look at the first image, you see the top of its head. Golden eagles do not have such a bright nape.
This is definitely darker than any golden eagle I have seen, and the tail is in fact too short for an imperial eagle.
Lovely images, by the way

You seem to contradict yourself here! You say it's definitely an Imperial Eagle (which I agree) but finish saying the tail is too short for that species?

You seem to contradict yourself here! You say it's definitely an Imperial Eagle (which I agree) but finish saying the tail is too short for that species?
Not again! I meant golden eagle, and that is what I thought I had written but I guess I looked at the photograph and it got mixed up in my head. I meant too short for golden eagle, and too dark for it...
I didn't realise what I had actually written until now...

Thanks. So Imperial it is :). This was shot a few minutes after the above. Different individual. Also an imperial??

Attachments

• DSC_0748.jpg
    DSC_0748.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back