• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Great Outdoors - Wallcreeper (1 Viewer)

Lawts

Supa Silly Un
Chanced upon a programme tonight looking at old footage of camping, hiking etc. in Britain, and it touched on birding.

It showed a couple of clips re birding, and then appeared to show what might have been an early Wallcreeper twitch.

Black and white footage with a ruin on a beach.

Just curious if anyone else saw it and knew which record it was.

Chanced upon a programme tonight looking at old footage of camping, hiking etc. in Britain, and it touched on birding.

It showed a couple of clips re birding, and then appeared to show what might have been an early Wallcreeper twitch.

Black and white footage with a ruin on a beach.

Just curious if anyone else saw it and knew which record it was.

I think it was Winspit in Dorset and I reckon it was 1968 (the year I was born!).

Actually November 1969 to April 1970. The cliff and ruined building were definitely Winspit, so i assume the bird was the actual bird too.

Anybody out there actually see this bird? I've been to winspit often - must have been a fabulous bird to see?

I seem to recall BF's John Cantelo saying he'd seen Wallcreeper in 1970 on another thread ... I'm sure others have too.

Incidentally, the programme is in the same series as the BBC Twitching Documentary to be shown this autumn (?) in this thread; http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=148517

Fantastic bird, on my most wanted self-found list (although I think that's just a dream lol ;) )

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back