• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

another joins the flock (1 Viewer)

housestarling

Hi all. I live in Ontario and pretty much loves anything that lives. Since I could walk my mother always brought me with her to take pictures of animals especially birds. Two years ago I rescued a baby starling. When I found her she was only about 8 days old and she had a broken leg. I fixed her up; she grew up and refused to leave. Now she is 2-yr. old and just lovely. She talks and listens to certain commands (get in your room). I also rescued a baby male starling last year and he is just as wonderful.
I really think I enjoy this forum.
Belinda, Star, and Wrongway ;)

Hi Belinda, Welcome to Bird Forum from the Admin. and Moderators. A rescued pair of Starlings!, are they setting up house in your house? Now that will keep you busy.

I got my interest in birds and animals from my parents also, a great hobby and a chance to get out and enjoy the countryside.

Look forward to viewing your pics in the Gallery and reading about your bird day on Ontario,

Regards, Screech/Bob

Hi Belinda, from a fellow Ontarian... whereabouts are you in the province? I'm up at the northern end (400km east of Thunder Bay, near Geraldton). Hope you enjoy your time here. We look forward to more stories about your starlings!

Awww it's great that you rescued Starlings, what a lovely story!

Welcome here, I'm new too and already I can't get enough- such a rich and varied forum of some of my most favourite things (birds, nature, photography!)

Thanks all for the welcome. I grew up just out side of Sudbury, but recently move to just north of Toronto.The starlings have a walk in avairy in my livingroom, my husband and I bult it ourselves. I do have lots of pictures of the birds. Ill try posting some.
Belinda,Star and Wrongway

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back