• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mystery raptor, Chiffchaffs; Seville, Spain (1 Viewer)

Your mystery raptor is a Booted Eagle, note the landing lights & pale inner primaries.

Certainly Chiffchaffs but not sure which.

Yes a Peregrine.

The raptor is a dark morph Booted Eagle.
The Chiffcahffs, I think only 1 and 4 may possibly be Iberian. Bear in mind that Ib. Chiffchaffs are nothing like as common on passage away from habitat than in the autumn - without hearing them call its risky to name them as such also. Most Ib. Chiffchaffs are in their breeding grounds now too (being an early arriving migrant breeder) - and I would be very surprised if any breed in the town parks in Sevilla - its a bird of evergreen or riverine woodlands - usually with a major component of Cork Oak.

The Peregrine is one too!

I am getting: Blocked Login,... can't access (but that might be my Internet provider, welcome to the Middle East,...)

BoP photos - Booted Eagle

Chiffchaff photos -
1 - looks like Common to me
2 - tricky, but I'd incline towards Common
3 - once again a tricky one - with a paler bill I'd be inclined towards Iberian, but not convinced either way
4 - this has a distinct 'whiff' of Iberian - yellowish/greenish, palish bill, bolder super in front of eye. Certainly it's the strongest candidate for Iberian.

Last photo - Peregrine,

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back