• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Puma in Argentina ? (1 Viewer)

albatross02

Hello,

I saw this cat in the Chaco national park.
I think it is a Puma.
Jaguarundi rather not.

Best regards
Dieter

Attachments

• Puma 1.jpg
    Puma 1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 165
That's definitely a Puma, congratulations.

The narrow muzzle, slender face would suggest a female, perhaps a bit thin around the neck (part digital illusion) , but its cub time, so perhaps not so surprising.

I envy your picture, I saw three recently and failed to record the moment at either of the two encounters.

Last edited:
Hello,

thank You for the help.

I came back yesterday from vacation Tucuman -> Laguna Pozuelas -> calilegua NP, EL Rey NP, Copo NP, Chaco NP, Mbururaya NP, Iguassu.

I have not know how much intersting is the north part of Argentina.
Especially the Chaco is very intersting to.

Another suprise is the high level of the knowledge of national and provincial staff of Argentina. I can not remember another country which had the same high level.

I saw over 300 different birds and also foxes, wild pigs, 1 x Puma, 7 x Tapir, 2 snakes, big lizzards until 1 m ( 4 feet ) long, 2 x Pekari, some Capabarys, some Coatis, 1 turtle and 3 different king of deers.

The report will follow soon.

Best regards
Dieter

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back