• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More Red Kites illegally killed - including Nairnshire breeding pair (1 Viewer)

A ban of ALL hunting and shooting activity on estates within a 5 mile radius of where a poisoned bird is found until any police investigation is complete.....not only do they then fear the courts, but also a visit from their irate innocent neighbours rather late at night to have a word?

Last edited:
Sad news
Some of the the Grizedale Red Kites in Cumbria have probably gone the same way.
An idiot Ulverston farmer was found guilty of poisoning two.I think they gave him a slap on the wrist and told him not to be such a naughty boy again.

The only to hurt these f*cks is to hit 'em in the pocket - £100,000 per illegally killed bird found on their land. End of. Now find a police force and a non-corruptable judge to enforce it......good luck

Such news, almost brings a tear to one’s eye. One would expect the Law to be flying on the same side as such birds and thinking about the future. Mother Nature must shake her head in disbelief, at the cruelty caused to wildlife as a whole.

Red Kites.

The only to hurt these f*cks is to hit 'em in the pocket - £100,000 per illegally killed bird found on their land. End of. Now find a police force and a non-corruptable judge to enforce it......good luck
We know money is the only answer as you have just mentioned In your post nothing else will stop these big estates from killing birds full stop and If its not put into force the killing will go on I do believe the law Enforcement Agencys know this and if they don,t take this full on and make this the law 100% across the country these kind of acts will be common nothing has Changed one of the reasons or a big reason why these birds became like they Did because of b******ds like that what is the point of Introduceing rare birds Back if they are just going to be persecuted whole sale like in past history, to Me its just madness cause,s heartache anger and hate, but unless you hit Them hard in the pocket It will never end, I wonder if in my Lifetime my wish Will come true here it would be something nice To Reflect on perhaps only wishful thinking but thats all we can.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back