• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gulls -& Reptiles & Animals from Utah area US (1 Viewer)

Deb335077

Can anyone hepl Id and clarify the following

1. A gull taken in the Salt Lake City area of Utah
2. Another gull taken in the Salt Lake City area of Utah
3 Some kind of Reptile taken in Monument VAllry AZ/UT
4. I think is a Coyote but would like clarification

All help is appreciated, Thanks
Debbie

Attachments

• AAA - Great Salt Lake Area - SLC Ut - EMAIL.jpg
    AAA - Great Salt Lake Area - SLC Ut - EMAIL.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC09213 Gull Email.jpg
    DSC09213 Gull Email.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Lizard - Monument Valley - Ut- Ar - EMAIL.jpg
    Lizard - Monument Valley - Ut- Ar - EMAIL.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 90
  • Coyote - Antelope Island Causeway - SLC Ut - EMAIL.jpg
    Coyote - Antelope Island Causeway - SLC Ut - EMAIL.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 121
I'm bad at gulls, but I'd guess either Ring-billed or California. Looks a little more like R-b to me from the wingtip pattern, but I will defer in a nansecond to someone who knows more.

The lizard looks like a male Great Basin Collared Lizard. The canine looks like a coyote.

Edited to add: My comment about the gull referred to the first pic. The second one is a California for sure.

Last edited:
I'm certain #4 is a Coyote...

I've run into enough coyote & fox to know which I'm looking at. Interesting to note, coyote have some fox features and they can be confused at times as a small coyote can be about the size of a large fox... Usually if a Fox sees you first, you will not see him, he sneaks away in the brush. A coyote is more curious and less timid, if he stopped and watched you as you took the picture, that is more characteristic of a coyote...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back