• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please identify this unknown Essex UK bird (1 Viewer)

Sam89665

Hi there,

I apologise in advance as this is probably one of the most common birds around, but knowing nothing about birds I would be grateful if someone in the know could identify it for me :)

I live in Waltham Abbey in Essex, UK and regularly have a pair of these birds in my garden, particularly in the last couple of months, but I have no idea what they are and would love to know.

https://i.imgur.com/soGY3gF.jpg

Many thanks in advance!

Sam

Thanks for the fast response! I had a feeling they wouldn't be common to find in a garden.

We have a pair that travel around together - when it gets light in the morning they're usually on the roof of an adjacent house making their call. During the day they keep coming into my front garden – they don’t really do anything, just walk around!

It almost feels like they’re lost, but I’m sure they know what they’re doing. We’re pretty close to a forest so I guess they’re just venturing out?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back