• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beadle and Rising: Tanagers, Cardinals, and Finches (1 Viewer)

Thanks Rick.

Personally I would much rather see a coherent book with nice artistry covering the same groups for Mesoamerica south to Patagonia.

Geography

Yes, exactly; these taxa don't pose great identification problems in the US and Canada, and it would be far more helpful to have people spend their time and energy on working out the challenges in the rest of the hemisphere.

Beadle guides

Yes, he's a very fine painter, but the lead author on two photographic guides now, this one and (also with Rising) the sparrow guide.

I was also disappointed with this one. One of the first things I noticed - just one pic of Crimson-collared Grosbeak. And it was a not very good pic of the female. Come on!
Skip this one. The Hummingbird, Sparrow, and Shorebird photo guides in this series are very much worthwhile, so hopefully this is just an abberation.

edit: of course I meant Crimson-collared Grosbeak, not Tanager

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back