• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zeiss 15x60 vs swaro. 15x56 (1 Viewer)

the breeze said:
in your opinion how do they compare? thx in advance
I have a pair of the 15x60s and they are the best high power/large aperture binocular I've ever looked through and that includes the Fujinon 16x70s and Nikon 18x70s. However, I have not looked through the Swarovski 15x56s. Although, I know a fellow who has a pair and he said that he had compared them to the Zeiss 15x60s and felt that the Zeiss was a little better. Nevertheless, he much preferred the Swarovski's because they were much lighter and ergonomically much better designed for hand hold-ability.

I believe it is more trouble than it is worth to hand hold a non-IS 15x binocular so that was never a factor when I made my decision to get the Zeiss 15x60s rather than the Swarovski's or some other model in that power/aperture range.

Just last week I used the 15x60s to watch the Seattle July 4th fireworks show from the top of a 2800 peak 30 miles west of the city on the other side of Puget Sound. The extra aperture and magnification really made a big difference in comparison to the 8.5x42 Swarovski ELs that I also brought along for the occasion.

John Finnan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back