• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Free Birding Trip to Peru (1 Viewer)

jedigrant

Kolibri Expeditions has just announced that they are giving away free birding trips to Peru. You can choose from one of two itineraries designed to promote eco-tourism to the native communities.

If you're interested (and what birder wouldn't be?), the details are here.

I've wanted to go to Manu (one of the two destinations) ever since I first heard of it. My wife and I would love to go to Peru, but the cost has made us put it off for now. So I'm more than a little excited about the possibility for a free trip!

Hello

Well, There are great details about Birding Trip to Peru. This trip is wonderful and really amazing. Yeah!!! I am also interested in this trip. I like it. There are many types of birding trip which is very useful for everyone. I never heard about it. These trips are great and fabulous. ;)

It should be mentioned that the Manu itinerary is supporting the communities in the threatened (by oil exploit, mining and logging) Amarakaeri Communal reserve. The itinerary goes down the Alto Madre de Dios and Madre de Dios rivers to the Macaw lick and Giant Otter Cocha at Blanquillo, just like any other birding/nature tour circuit in the area. Lodges of the communities are used instead of more well known lodges.

The other itinerary is a comprimed Carpish and Satipo road itinerary concentrating on the highlights of both areas. It is the idea that the itinerary sometime during 2010 will be possible to do without camping as the communities are investing in lodging oportunities for birders. We'd like to support these efforts by sending many groups immediately.
I made a short blog here on Birdforum Blogs if anyone is interested. http://birdforum.net/blog.php?b=2711

Sorry if i have this wrong and am being a bit pedantic here but its not a free trip to Peru is it, its only free in Peru once you get there......not that its sounding a bad deal...far from it really.

All expenses are definitely covered once you get to Lima. As best as I understand it, you can also opt for your airfare to Lima to be covered. But if you do, that means the price for other participants in that trip goes up. And if there aren't a certain number of participants lined up for that departure, then it will be canceled. So it would likely behoove you to pay for your airfare to Lima.

Gunnar, please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back