• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SRB-Griturn cable release bracket for Nikon CP P5000, P5100 and P6000 cameras (1 Viewer)

gillean55

Hello

Sorry if this item has been mentioned before, but I only found out about it last week, and I don't come here very often!

Till now I've used the generic SRB-Griturn cable release bracket (which screws into the tripod socket in the base of the camera) with my CP5100 and have had endless problems keeping the metal post tightly screwed into the plastic baseplate. I'm hoping this "new" design will prove to be more reliable - it certainly feels more substantial.

As can be seen from the photo, the baseplate just slides into the camera flash shoe. It's quite a tight fit though, and so it might not suit people who actually use the shoe for its intended purpose, as the bracket could be difficult to remove without causing damage.

It cost me about 23 UK pounds including P&P.

Paul

Attachments

• PB250042 edit2 1000.jpg
    PB250042 edit2 1000.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 164
I used the same SRB-Griturn bracket before my P5000 was stolen, it just needs a firm two thumb push to remove it. With a bit of practice you can gently squeeeeeeeze the cable release to autofocus before firing the shot. I now have the P7000 that fires by the nikon remote.

Thanks for that motoman. I guess I was being too cautious.

Although this bracket is certainly an improvement on the last one, I'll probably be looking for some sort of remote release system myself for my next upgrade.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back