• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problem with wireless Connection. (1 Viewer)

Ageinghippie

Hello All,

Just been reading posts on various wireless connections, but they dont seem to apply to my situation.

I have a Tosh laptop with built in wireless card,
Netgear 834gt wirless router.3yr old now
No other laptops or computors sharing connection.

My problem is that recently the router has been showing a connection
the laptop showing as connected at whatever speed but cannot access the web, either Time out message or unable to connect to whatever.
If I switch the router off and leave then switch on it reconnects to the ADSL
( ISP BT broadband) and all ok again.
Also if router showing all connected ADSL and wireless connection available
Laptop shows no connection to Router, In this case have to power off Laptop
and router and restart everthing, then all seems to rectify.
until the next time.

Is this a dodgy router or some setting in the Laptop

Nb this edit is because I got a time out warning and had to reboot router

Windows XP home
Firefox and Thunderbird
Norton Internet Security.

Any Ideas,

Perplexed

Les

Last edited:
If your router has a lan port connect to it when the wireless connection fails to see if its is a problem with the router or the DSL signal.

Also log into your router and see the status of the DSL signal and look for the DSl uptime this will let you know when the DSL signal dropped last. If it shows it dropped then its a problem with the ISP. ( Avoid restarting the router until this test is done )

My guess is a problem with your ISP but without seeing it myself its hard to call

Hope this helps

Gareth

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back