• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Internet In A Mess! (1 Viewer)

Hi everybody

It seems the problem is down to the proliferation of spam. As soon as one method of stopping spam is found, they find a way round it and send via a different route.

Only this afternoon I got five spam messages asking if I wanted my homing pigeons made three inches longer.

Dick

Kudos Steve, because all through this mess over the past few days I had very little problem accessing BF - even managed to have a little contretemps with someone ;)

I was getting very p***ed at my web host, but then figured out it was something else when a couple of photo sites wouldn't behave either. Mind you, PacBell, my DSL supplier, did their usual trick and stuck their head up their .... sand pit and declared nothing was wrong.

I sent myself an email, but didn't bother to read it 'cause I knew what it said.

Neil

If my service provider would spend more time trying to "enlarge" their service to their customers and less time trying to get me to "enlarge" certain parts of my anatomy perhaps they could resolve some of the problems some of us are encountering. I wish they would pull their head --- -- ----- --- and get a breath of fresh air!

Well done Bug Eyed Eagle, I am getting the same sort of Spam continuously about 36 a day, I notice that every address on the Spam is a tinyworld address. I wonder if the owners of Tiny when they sold out to Time also sold our addresses into the bargain?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back