• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lake Hornborga photography (1 Viewer)

Eos9

United Kingdom
I am hoping to visit Lake Hornborga later this month with the intention of photographing the Cranes and other birdlife present.
I understand that it is possible to rent a hide (if available) but as I'm travelling with my partner I am not sure at this stage if this is my best option to get good photographs ( I believe the hides are for one person ).
I have been advised that there are possibly 3 public hides for visitors that are larger and do not need to be pre-booked.
If this is the case I would appreciate any feedback concerning these hides and in particular if they offer close views of the Cranes and the opportunity for good photographs.
Obviously the rented hides are very good for photography but I am not sure if I am best advised to rent one of these or if the public hides also offer good close views of the birds.
Any help of advise therefore much appreciated.

P.S. Whilst in the area are there any other good sites for wildlife photography that can be recommended ?

Many Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back