• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Mexico Birdwatching (1 Viewer)

rockhound

Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA and I am new to birdwatching. I just started a few weeks ago and loving it. I am looking to chat with some people in New Mexico or in the southwest USA. I have just created a New Mexico birdwatching forum on Yahoo! so check it out if you want. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/new_mexico_birdwatching

Any who, I saw a common nighthawk (at first I thought it was a poorwill, but I know it's a nightjar) yesterday and it was out during the middle of the day. Of coarse it was sleeping on a powerline, but I'm wondering if that bird is common in this area. Also, are the western kingbirds common here too?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Not sure how common the Nighthawk is, but the Western Kingbird should be fairly common. We were in your state several years ago for the migration of the Sandhill Cranes and the Snowgeese in Bosque del Apache. Beautiful place and great for birdwatching!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back