• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best country for garden bird feeding (1 Viewer)

No idea, but presumably a big number of domestic species would help.
I'd guess it would be somewhere where the population pressure is making food and shelter hard to find for birds, even though the overall habitat should be very favorable. Maybe someplace near Shanghai or Bombay would be good.

I've seen some incredible pics from South America of bird tables loaded with flocks of various brilliantly-coloured tanagers coming for fruit pieces - doubt that could be beaten!

Is a feeder in a tropical environment all that attractive?
When food is available year round, the appeal of a feeder might be more limited, so only a segment of the local species visit. Of course, those may still be just spectacular, so maybe that is enough.

I was going to suggest a small garden in the middle of the Rainforest somewhere in Ecuador or Brazil, with a few fruit trees ... but maybe that is against the intention here ;)

Due to the popularity in the UK, wouldn't it have the longest list of species actually recorded on a bird table/feeding station? (rather be somewhere tropical though :-O)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back