• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Alternative Eyepieces (1 Viewer)

Baltimore

Can Anybody Give Me Any Guidance If There Are Any Alternative Makes Of Eyepieces That Can Be Used On A Kowa 823 Prominar, Even If Modifications Or Adapters Have To Be Used???
Thanks

Hi, thanks for response, thats the set up I use at the moment, the adapter and 600 series eyepieces, but was wondering if any other makes can also be utilised with 'adapters' etc.
Thanks

Have a look at the Nikons. They may not not need much machining to fit. I've gone the other way and use Kowa eyepieces on Swarovski , especially the 25x LER. Unfortunately it won't work the other way.
Neil.

For making those kinds of adapters easier to remove/tighten, how about drilling two holes through the adapter ring at opposite sides so a spanner wrench or sharp-nosed pliers could be used to turn it?

Kimmo

For making those kinds of adapters easier to remove/tighten, how about drilling two holes through the adapter ring at opposite sides so a spanner wrench or sharp-nosed pliers could be used to turn it?

Kimmo

yes Kimmo...I did a cut with a hacksaw to be able to unscrew the adapter ...
I used the nikon 27/40/50 and really liked it..grants 42X in the 823..Now i use the same eyepiece in a regal 65 Celestron.(36X),,

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back